Al urjoonul qadeem of Jumada al-Thania 1440: March 6 and March 5, 2019
On right is the waning (old) Crescent Moon Al Urjoonal Qadeem like phase (End of Jumada-at-Thania 1440 AH).
It is repored by Irshad Sait of HiJRI COMMITTEE of INDIA, Ernakulam, Kerala, India that today - Tuesday 29th of J. Aakhir 1440 (5th March 2019), this photo was taken by Br. Mohamed Hussain at 06:00 IST from Palayamkottai, Tirunelveli (India). Lat: 08°57'51"N :& Long: 77°44'26"E; The illumination was 2.4%; the Altitude was about 4.5 degrees & horns were at 5 & 9 positions. Click on the photo on right to see full size.
New Crescent Moon of Rajab 1440:
The Astronomical New Moon (conjunction) is on March 6, 2019 (Wednesday) at 16:04 UT. On March 6, there is no possibility of moonsighting. On March 7, it can be seen with difficulty in Middle-East and most of Africa; it can be seen with naked eye in Western Africa and Americas. On March 8, 2019 (Friday) the moon can be easily seen in the whole world (See visibility curves).
The earliest reported sighting of the new crescent was on March 7 (Thursday) from Chiek Kuta Karang Observatory at Aceh by Team of Kemenag Aceh, Indonesia.
March 6, 2019 (Wednesday):
- Not Seen: Council of Shia Muslim Scholars in North America announced:
The Moon-Sighting Committee of the Council of Shia Muslim Scholars of North America announces that Thursday, March 7th, 2019 will be the last day of the month of Jumada al-Thania, 1440 A.H. and Friday, March 8th, 2019, will be the first day of the month of Rajab, 1440 A.H. for the entire region of North America. This determination is based on the fact that there were no verified sightings of the crescent moon by the naked eye at sunset on Wednesday, March 6th, 2019 in any region of North America.
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Mohamedraza H.Janmohamed from Sanford FL reported:
The Moon-sighting Sub-committee wishes to inform the community that there was NO sighting of the new crescent on Wednesday, March 06, 2019.
Therefore upon completion of 30 days, FRIDAY, MARCH 08, 2019 is established as the 1st Day of Mahe Rajab, 1440 AH.
March 7, 2019 (Thursday):
- Not Seen: MCW member Dr Shabbir Ahmed, President of Qubaa association of Western Sydney, NSW reported:
Today (Thursday) 7th of March 2019, the Hilal of Rajab 1440 has NOT been sighted anywhere in Australia. Therefore, the month of Rajab 1440 will begin from Saturday, 9th of March 2019.
- Not Seen: MCW member Imam Abul Qasim Rizvi, Imam Juma Melbourne reported:
Crescent of the month of Rajab Al Murajjab 1440 AH has not been sighted anywhere in Australia inshallah Friday 8th March 2019 will be the 30th Jamadiul Aakhar 1440 AH. In’Sha’Allah Saturday 9th March will be the 1st Rajab al Murajjab 1440 AH.
Moon Sighting for the month of Rajab (7th month of the Islamic Calendar)
- Seen: MCW member Mr HiMY SYeD from Bramalea, Ontario reported:
On Thursday evening March 7 2019, after praying Maghrib near the Highway 410 & Highway 7 intersection
I walked outside and searched for the new crescent moon. Searching the sky for only a minute or two and I was able to see it.
Click on the photo on right to see full size.
- Not Seen: MCW member Dr Hisham M. Hamed from Cairo reported:
From Ma'adi (29.96°N, 31.2°E), Cairo, Thursday, March, 7th Crescent of Rajab was not seen. Apparent sunset was at 17:58, and best time was at
18:19. I started my attempt at about 18:20, but I could not see the Crescent. The atmospheric conditions, namely temperature, pressure and
humidity at 19°C, 1023.0mb, and 62% respectively. The crescent width was only 17 arcseconds, and the lunar altitude was 4°37'19.623" at best
time. Additionally, the crescent was below the threshold of visibility by 1.7 magnitudes/arcsecond squared.
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Malik Salifu Shaban from Garu Bawku reported:
On Thursday, March 7, the crescent for Rajab 1440 was not sighted here in Garu in the Upper East Region of Ghana due to dusty weather here.
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Yusuf Idara from New Delhi reported:
Moon wasn't sighted today, Thursday. So, Friday 8th March, will be 30th Jumadá al-Akhirah.
Saturday, 9th March, will be 1st Rajab, 1440 Hijri
- Seen: MCW member Mr Rasheed Usman, Kozhikode, Kerala reported
Please be informed that on March 7, Hilal of Rajab is sighted at Kapad Beach, Kozhikode, Kerala State, India. Rajab 1 is declared as Friday 08 March 2019.
- Seen: MCW member Mr AR Sugeng Riyadi from Rowasiya Observatory Central Java Indonesia reported:
The new crescent of Rajab 1440 AH was not seen from Rowasiya Obs. at Juwiring Klaten and Assalaam Observatory at PPMI Assalaam Pabelan Kartasura Sukoharjo Central Java Indonesia on Thursday, March 07, 2019. The sky was totally cloudy.
However, the new crescent was sighted by telescope from Tkg. Chiek Kuta Karang Observatory at Aceh by Team of Kemenag Aceh. The 1st Rajab 1440 AH in Indonesia will start on Friday, 08 March 2019.
Click on the photo on right to see full size.
- Seen: MCW member Mr Ehsan H. Hajar from Casablanca reported:
On March 7, Thursday, Hilal Rajab was seen from my usual location in Casablanca, Morocco. The condition were ideal to sight the new crescent within 15 min after Sunset WITH BINOCULARS & by naked eye few minutes later. Horns were between 3-7 O'clock
Latitude 33.5631706074028; longitude: -7.631003678964248; Time Zone: Africa/Casablanca UT+1; 15* temperature & clear sky;
Visibility: 16 km; Pressure: 1020 mbar; Humidity: 59%; Dew Point: 7 °C.
Habous ministry of Morocco has also confirmed on their web page seeing Hilal Rajab today Thursday declaring Friday Mars 8 first day of Rajab.
- Seen: MCW member Mr Zakaria Guelzim from Rabat reported:
This is to inform you that I was able to sight the hilal of Rajab 1440 on Thursday 07 March 2019, 30 minutes after Sun Set (20:00 GMT+1)
The sky was clear in the sunset area. (See attached pictures with zoom 70 and 300 mm). Hence, the beginning of the month of Rajab 1440 AH will be on Friday 08 March 2019.
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Muhammad Aamir, Vice Secretary Nepali Jame Masjid Committee, Kathmandu reported: Due to being the crescent behind the mountains, Crescent was not sighted anywhere in Kathmandu on March 7, Thursday. We didn't get any form of sighting report from around the country. So, on this basis, Darul Ifta wal qazaa, Nepali Jame Masjid announced that this month will complete 30 days and Rajab 1440 AH will begin from Saturday, 9th March 2019.
- New Zealand:
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Abid Jafery from Auckland reported:
There has been NO sighings anywhere in NZ and Fiji on Thursday 7th Mar 2019 (29 Jamadiul Thani), so Tomorrow Friday, 8th Mar 2019 will be 30th Jamadiul Thani. Saturday, 9th Mar 2019 will be 1st Rajab 1440 Hijri InshaAllah.
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Wasiu Akewusola from Agege, Lagos reported:
The crescent of the month of Rajab 1440AH could not be sited in Ikeja, Lagos State, Nigeria up till 19.20 hrs local time today 7th March 2019.
mainly because of the clouds.
- Saudi Arabia:
- Seen: MCW member Mr Faisal Parekh from Sadus dam, Sadus city reported:
Tofay, March 7, Thursday, the moon was sighted at 6:27 pm in Sadus city, Saudi Arabia
- South Africa:
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Rashid Motala from Durban reported:
On the evening of Thursday 7th March 2019, the Hilaal was NOT sighted in South Africa. Therefore Rajab 1440 will commence on Saturday, 9th March
2019 in South Africa.
- Seen: MCW member Mr Hamza Rijal from Tiny Island of Zanzibar reported:
The Hilal for the month of Rajab 1440 AH was seen by naked eyes in number of location in tiny island of Zanzibar-Tanzania on 7th March 2019, therefore Friday 8th March 2019 is declared as the 1st day of Rajab 1440 AH.
- Trinidad and Tobago:
- Seen: MCW member Mr Umar Abdullah from Bon Accord, Tobago reported:
The crescent moon to commence the month of Rajab 1440 AH was looked for after the sunset of Thursday 7th March 2019. Reports from all committees locally and regional confirm that the moon was SIGHTED. We have accepted these reports and has declared that the month of Jumaadal Aakhirah 1440 AH has completed 29 days. Therefore the 1st night of Rajab 1440 AH will be the night of Thursday 7th March 2019 and the first day of Rajab 1440 AH will be the day of Friday 8th March 2019.
Location: lat: 10 35 long: 61 21; Time of Sunset: 18:16:24; Time of first appearance of the crescent: 18:32; Pressure: 1013.4 hpa; Temperature: 26.2 °C; Relative humidity: 74%
- Not Seen but Seen in Morocco: Wifaqul Ulama Administrator of Britain reported:
Due to overcast and cloudy conditions, the Hilaal for Rajab 1440 was not sighted anywhere in United Kingdom. However, the Hilaal for Rajab 1440 was sighted in Morocco. Wifaqul Ulama Shura have therefore decided that the 1st day of Rajab 1440 is on March 8, 2019 Friday.
- Not Seen: MCW member Dr Javad Torabinejad from Blacksburg VA reported:
This evening (Thursday, Mar 7, 2019), the crescent moon was not seen in Blacksburg, VA (Lat: 37° 15' 40" N, Lng: 80° 26' 56" W, and elevation: 646 meters). I arrived at my sighting location prior to sunset (sunset 6:22 pm EST). The sky was cloudy. Since I did not expect any changes in the sky condition, I left the place at 6:24 pm (moonset: 7:23 pm).
- Seen: MCW member Mr Norm Vargas from San Gabriel, CA reported:
The crescent moon was sighted by one adult in San Gabriel, Los Angeles County, CA, USA on March 7 at 5:48 pm. The moon was first sighted with 10x42 binoculars, but not seen with the naked eye until I tried again at 5:58 pm. The western horizon was mostly clear after some patchy clouds earlier in the day.
- Not Seen: MCW member Moulana Imtiyaz Misbahi, Imam Of Masjid Noor-e-Mohammedi from Lusaka reported:
Moon wasn't sighted today, Thursday, March7. So, Friday 8th March, will be 30th Jumadá al-Akhirah. Saturday, 9th March, will be 1st Rajab, 1440 Hijri