Moonsighting for Shawwal 1436
The Astronomical New Moon (conjunction) is on July 16, 2015 (Thursday) at 1:24 UT. On July 16, the moon can be seen with difficulty in South America; but easily in Polynesian Islands. On July 17, 2015 (Friday), the moon can be easily seen in almost the whole world, except Northern Asia and Europe (See visibility curves).
The earliest reported sighting of the new crescent was on July 16, 2015 from Chile.
July 16, 2015 (Thursday):
- Not Seen: MCW member Dr Muhammad Hafiz from Guyana reported:
My contact in Argentina, Br. Fuad Musa stated that they contacted the Muslim Community in Argentina and the Hilaal was not observed in Argentina hence Eid Ul Fitir will be on Saturday.
- Seen: A.G.J. reported:
The crescent was seen by from the province of Tucuman on Thursday, July 16th so Eid is celebrated in some communities on July 17th.
- Not Seen: MCW member Dr Shabbir Ahmed, The president of Al- Tadhkeer Society, Sydney, NSW reported: The Hilaal of SHAWWAL has not been sighted anywhere in Australia on Thursday, July 16, 2015. Therefore, the month of SHAWWAL will start from Saturday, July 18, 2015.
- Not Seen: MCW member Engr Manzoor A Mian from Melbourne, VIC reported: Australians were unable to sight crescent anywhere in Australia today 16/7/2015 Thursday. Therefore Eidul fitr is announced as per moonsighting result Saturday 18/7/2015.
- Not Seen, but Eid announced: Bilal Brown reported: Dr Ibrahim Abu Mohamed, Grand Mufti of Australia officially declared that the presence of moon above horizon at Maghrib time is sufficient to start the month. Therefore, SHAWWAL will start from Friday, July 17, 2015.
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Mohammed Patel from Bridgetown reported:
Today Thursday,July 16, 2015, the crescent WAS NOT SEEN. Sighting attempted by many members of our community at various location at approx. 6:45 p.m. Today was the 29th of Ramadhan. Therefore 1st of Shawwal will be on Saturday, 18th July.
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr HiMY SYeD from Toronto, Ontario reported:
After praying maghib Salat is Masjid Toronto, i went searching for the new moon. There is a wall of low clouds allong the western horizon, despite clear sky above. I did not see the moon.
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Baig Muhammad Tamachi from Peterborough Ontario reported: Due to clouds lining the south-westerly horizon, Shawwal 1436 Hilaal was NOT SEEN in Peterborough, Ontario, Canada on Thursday 16th July, 2015
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Syed Shahid Rashid from Mississauga Ontario reported: Not sighted - On Thursday July 16th, 2015, Sunset was at 8:57 PM and moonset was at 9:05 PM. I attempted moonsighting during this time. Also note the lower horizon was covered with clouds.
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Muhammad Sohail from Iquique reported:
We have not seen the moon on Thursday, July 16 anywhere in the coutry. So we make 30 days of Ramadan, and Eid will be on Saturdat, July 18, 2015.
- Not Seen: MCW member Dr Muhammad Hafiz from Guyana reported: Chile (Santiago and North of Chile): His contact Br. Fuad Musa reported from Santiago, Chile he and the Muslim Community in Chile and in the North of Chile tried to observe the Hilaal of Shawwal 1436 after sunset on Thursday, July 16th, 2015. No Hilaal was observed in Chile hence Eid Ul Fitir in Chile will be on Saturday.
- Seen: Mr Gonzalo Contreras from Viņa del Mar, Latitude: 33° 01' 51"S, Longitude: 71° 35' 01"W reported: On Thursday, July 16th, 2015, around 6:37pm local time the moon was seen by the binoculars. Naked eye observation was tried but it was not seen. It was very hazy. Crescent was very thin.
- Seen: Ibrahim -eDialogue from Bogota reported: We sent a team to observatory and we got the picture of the hilal about an hour ago.
We also posted them in our markaz http://www.fb.com/alqurtubi
It is telescopic photo so it is inverted crescent
- Dagestan (region within Russia):
- Not Seen: MCW member Ilham Mukharlyamov, Moscow reported:
Saturday, 18 July 2015 - 1st Day of Eid al-Fitr (30 day completion).
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Malik Salifu Shaban from Garu Bawku reported: The moon for shawal has not been sighted here in Ghana today 16th july 2015. The Hilal committe earlier announced that Saturday 18th july be eid day.
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Baba Abdulai from Tamale reported:
On Thursday July 16, 2015 the crescent was NOT seen in this location. I was at the sighting post from about 18:23 to about 19:05 but I did not see the crescent. The sky was largely cloudy, per my observation. Moon age was about 17 hours after conjunction as at sunset local time in Tamale; with a moon lag time of about 23 minutes. Considering these two factors I did not expect to see the crescent today. I have however received reliable information that the Office of the National Chief Imam in Ghana has announced that Saturday July 18, 2015 will be Eidul Fitr. And Allaah (SWT) Knows Best. Sighting community; Tampei-Kukuo Yepalsi, (near Bi-Water reservoir), Tamale.
- Not Seen: MCW member Dr Muhammad Hafiz from Rose Hall Town, Berbice reported: Myself and the members of the Rose Hall Town Masjid tried to observe the Hilaal of Shawwal 1436 after sunset on Thursday, July 16th, 2015. The Hilaal was not observed. The horizon was partly cloudy. Hence our Masjid and Guyana will be celebrating Eid Ul Fitir on Saturday with the completion of 30 days of fasting.
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Siddik Nadvi (Nida-e-Haram), from Ahmedabad, Gujrat reported: Today Thursday 16 July , 2015 = 28 Ramadan 1436 Hijri , we tried to see the crescent of Ramdan 1436 Hijri at our Institute JAMIA KANZUL ULOOM at 7.25 pm to 7.50. The crescent was not seen.
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Yusuf Idara from New Delhi reported:
The moon Shawwal 1436 hijri Today Thursday 16 July , 2015 = 28 Ramadan 1436 Hijri , i tried to see the moon at my home 7:20pm to 7:45pm but The crescent was not seen.
- Not Seen, but Eid announced: MCW member Mr AR Sugeng Riyadi from Assalaam Observatory, Surakarta Central Java reported:
The new crescent of Shawwal 1436 AH was NOT SEEN from Assalaam Observatory, The Modern Boarding School of Islam ASSALAAM, Pabelan Kartasura Sukoharjo Central Java Indonesia.
Some observers reported that the Hilal was sighted from Gresik and Lamongan, East Java and Pelabuhan Ratu, West Java.
The Ministry of Relegious Affair of Republic of Indonesia decided that the 1st of Shawal 1436 AH will be on Friday, July 17th, 2015.
- Not Seen, but Eid announced: MCW member Mr Siddik Nadvi (Nida-e-Haram), from India reported: Maulana Hafiz Saleemur Rahman Khan Nadvi, Chirman Central Rooyat Hilal Committee of Japan announced that in all Japan Eid would be on Friday, July 17, 2015.
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Ali Mohamed from Mombasa reported:
Today Thursday 16 July 2015 = 29th Ramadhan 1436 AH, I my self tried to see the new crescent of Shawwal 1436 Hijri at Mombasa, Kenya but the crescent was not seen. Chief Kadhi of Kenya sheikh Sharrif Muhdhar and Members of Moon committee of East Africa has Official announced that Eid Ul Fitr celebrations will be observed on 18th of July 2015.
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Mahmood Essa from Mombasa reported:
I tried to look for the new crescent today, but did not manage to
sight it. Thus, insha' Allaah , we will complete 30 days of Ramadhan
tomorrow, and inshaAllaah, the 1st day of Shawwal 1436 AH, will
correspond to Saturday 18/07/2015.
- Not Seen, Eid Announced: MCW member Dr Nuri Alfasi reported:
Libyan Ifta authority in Tripoli officially declared that no one in Libya had reported the sighting. The Ifta authority announced that Friday 17 July 2015 is the Eid. The decision is based on: Crescent is scientifically on the horizon after the sunset, and the sighting of the new crescent was legally confirmed in other Arabic countries.
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Michael Bruppacher reported:
The Shoura (institution representing the muslims in Luxembourg) informed that the 1st of Shawal will start on July 17, 2015. Eid Mubarak.
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Nissar Ahmad Ramtoola from Port Louis reported: The New moon of SHAWWAAL has NOT been sighted in Mauritius tonight Thursday 16 July 2015 . Hence Friday 17 July 2015 will be the 30th day of Ramadan and Saturday 18 July 2015 will be 1st Day of Shawwaal 1436. Sunset was at 17hr47 and Moonset was at 18hr14.
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Khalid Chraibi from Casablanca reported:
I am pleased to inform you that the Moroccan authorities have announced this evening that the new moon of shawwal couldn't be observed on the evening of Thursday July 16. The 1st of shawwal 1436 will therefore correspond to Saturday, July 18, 2015.
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Ahmed Mohamed Barakah from Windhoek reported: Moon was not sighted anywhere in Namibia. However as usual, the Saudi followers will have eid today 17th July 2015 and the rest will complete, and have eid on Saturday 18th july 2015
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Zaid Ibrahim from Lagos reported:
I was unable to sight the moon with my naked eye on Wednesday, 16th of July, 2015 at Festac, Lagos. The sky was cloudy. I tried to view the new crescent of Shawwal, 1436AH between 6:50 p.m. and 7:37 p.m.
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Sheik A.A. Ishola from Ikorodu, Lagos reported: The Shawwal moon not seen here in ikorodu area of Lagos State due to total cloud and it was raining. But I called most of our member in different part of Nigeria most Reported negatives while few claimed sighting of the 16 hr old moon.
- Not Seen: MCW member Dr Ismaila I. Ahmed from Osi, Kwara State reported: On Thursday, July 16, the crescent of Shawwal was not seen in Ilorin, Kwara state, Nigeria.
However, Sultan of Sokoto has just announced the sighting of moon of Shawwal in various locations in Nigeria and the Eld-Fitr celebration declared for Friday, 17/07/2015.
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Jinadu Yunusa from Kisi, Oyo State reported: No sighting effort was made simply because there was rainfall which started before sunset till after sunset.
Howeveer, I received a call from another location within same town said that the new moon was sighted around 8:15pm LT by the time It was 17hrs. 51minutes.
Remark: the Chairman Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs, officiallly declared that tomorrow Friday 17th July 2015 as 1st day of Shawwal.
- Saudi Arabia:
- Eid announced: ArabNews.com reported: http://www.arabnews.com/featured/news/777491
The Supreme Court declared Thursday as the last day of Ramadan 2015
and Friday as the start of the Eid al-Fitr holidays.
In a statement carried by the Saudi Press Agency (SPA), the Royal Court
said a number of adult witnesses in a number of provinces across the
kingdom have testified to have seen with the naked the new moon of the
month of Shawwal 1436.
NOTE: None of the Saudi Hilal Committees were able to sight the 14 hrs old moon anywhere in the country, but the usual witnesses have claimed a sighting from Shaqra/Sudair near Riyadh (Ref: Saleh Al-Saab, KACST).
Moonsighting.com believes that these sightings are not authentic. May be they saw something that they thought was the moon. wallahu A'lam
- Not Seen, but Eid announced: Imam Isa Husayn Johansson from Singapore reported: Today, Thursday 16 July, the Mufti of Singapore went live to declare that astronomically, the moon remained over the Singapore hotizon for 12 minutes over Singapore Maghrib time. So Eid is on Friday, July 17, 2015. calculations.
- South Africa:
- Not Seen: MCW member Dr Abdurrazak Ebrahim from Cape Town reported:
On July 16, we have no sighting reports from all African countries south of the Equator.
Eid officially on Saturday, 18 July 2015.
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Rashid Motala from Durban reported:
On the evening of Thursday 16th July 2015, the Hilaal was NOT sighted in South Africa. Shawwal 1436 will commence on Saturday, 18th July 2015 in South Africa.
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Yasin Puertas from Melilla reported:
Today, 29 of the Holy Month of Ramadan, effort was made by me in the Spanish city of Melilla, to see the Moon of Shawal. The moon WAS NOT sighted, therefore, Eid Al Fitr and the start of the month of Shawal will be SATURDAY the 18th of July.
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Hamza Rijal from Tiny Island of Zanzibar reported: The Hilaal of Shawal has not been sighted anywhere within tiny island of Zanzibar on Thursday, 16th July, 2015, therefore the month of the holy month of Ramadhan would have 30 days and the 1st of Shawal 1436 AH would correspond to Saturday 18th July, 2015.
- Not Seen, Eid Announced: MCW member Mr Surin Ninchuawong from Bangkok reported: Today Thursday 16 July 2015 = 29th Ramadhan 1436 AH, I my self tried to see the new crescent of Shawwal 1436 Hijri at Jomtien Beach, Chonburi, Thailand,about 06.00 pm to 07.20 pm. but the crescent was not seen. But Eid announced: From Sheikhul Islam Office : The Crescent was seen in another place (Yaha and Rayong). wallahu A'lam
- Trinidad and Tobago:
- Not Seen: MCW member Umar Abdullah from Bon Accord, Tobago reported: On July 16, the New Moon of Shawwal was not sighted here in Trinidad and Tobago. Therefore the month of Ramadhan will carry 30 days. The 1st of Shawwal will commence the 18th July 2015 In Shaa Allah.
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Mohammad Ali Javed from Luton, Bedfordshire reported: On 16th July, the Hilal was NOT sighted anywhere in the world. NO sightings in the UK, Morocco, South Africa and Saudi Arabia. Therefore, Markazi Jamaat-e-Ahle Sunnah UK & Europe have announced that we will complete 30 days of Ramadan and Eid-ul-Fitr 1436 will be on Saturday 18th July 2015.
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Qamar Uddin from York UK reported:
The Hilal of Shawwal 1436 was not sighted in the UK/East of UK on Thursday 16th July 2015 (29th Ramadan 1436 AH). We have also received a report from Morocco Awqaf Ministry of negative sighting by fax. Therefore, the Wifaqul Ulama have decided that the month of Ramadan 1436 AH will complete 30-days and the month of Shawwal 1436 AH will start from Saturday 18th July 2015, Insha-Allah.
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Hamid Quraishi Imam Islamic Center of Winona (ICW) Winona MN reported: It was raining on and off whole day in Winona, MN. The sky was covered with thick clouds, therefore was unable to see the Hilaal of Shawal in the sky even after several tries. However based on Fiqh Council of North America ISNA calender, and based on information from other countries, ICW will celebrate Eid ul Fitr on Friday, 17, July 2015.
- Not Seen: MCW member Dr Javad Torabinejad from Blacksburg VA reported: This evening (Thursday, July 16, 2015), the crescent moon was not sighted in Blacksburg, VA (Lat: 37° 15' 40" N, Lng: 80° 26' 56" W, and elevation: 646 meters). I arrived at my sighting location (Blacksburg Middle School) at 8:34 pm EDT (sunset: 8:41 pm). The western horizon was mostly cloudy and hazy. Although I did not expect to sight the moon even by using a telescope under perfect conditions, I searched for the crescent in the clear patches with naked eye and a pair of binoculars (7X50). With no success, I ended the session after moonset (moonset: 8:56 pm). At 8:55 pm, the temperature, dew point, relative humidity, and pressure were 73.8 F, 69.1 F, 85%, and 30.12 in, respectively.
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Khalil Homafar from Houston TX reported:
On Thursday July 16, 2015, the moon for Shawwal has not been sighted. Since there was no legitimate and reliable scientific report any where our community consider the Friday July 17th as 30th of Ramadan
And Saturday July 18th will be Eid. Insha-Allah.
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Mahfuz Rahman, from Tucker GA reported:
Today Thursday, July 16, 2015, the crescent WAS NOT SEEN. Sighting attempted by about 12 members of our community in Snellville at approx. 8:45 p.m. The sky was mostly clear. Today was the 29th of Ramadhan.
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Imam Salim Chishti from New Lebanon NY reported: I went to observe the western horizon just after the sun had set. I waited until 8:45PM but the crescent was not seen. We will fast for 30 days here in New Lebanon NY and have Eid al Fitr on Saturday, July 19, insha'allah!
- Not Seen: MCW member Ms. Lyana Snow from Little Rock AR reported:
We went to try & see the moon for Eid al-Fitr (1st of Shawwal) tonight, but there was none seen. We were out from 8:10 until 8:45. There were no clouds and little haze.
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Mohammed Yahya Shaikh from Anaheim CA reported: The moon for Shawaal was not sighted today Thursday July 16th 2015, in Anaheim CA. I tried to sight the hilal between 8:00 PM PST and 8:15 PM PST but was unsuccessful. The atmospheric conditions were conducive for hilal sighting. Binos did not help the cause either.
- Seen in California??: Mr Mohammed AbdulRaoof SABER reported:
The Chicago Hilal Committee has accepted authentic moonsighting reports from California late at night around 11:30pm on Thursday, July 16, 2015.
Moonsighting.com believes that these sightings are not authentic. May be they saw something that they thought was the moon.
If there is something else in the sky like a thin piece of cloud, or a jet smoke, sincere Muslims may think it is moon. ISNA has had this experience many times by mistaken claims in the last 25 years. This is nothing new.
A mistake may occur by sincere Muslims thinking that they saw the moon, when there was something else in the sky. No moon has ever been seen by naked eye within 30 minutes of sunset in the history on the next day of new moon birth. In Southern California the moon set at 8:27pm (22 minutes after sunset). In Northern California the moon set at 8:50pm (19 minutes after sunset).
Since it is a scientific facts that the scattered light of the sun for 22 mniutes after sunset is brighter than the thin crescent so the crescent cannot be detected by naked eye.
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Milad Ali Ershaghi from Richmond TX reported:
On Thursday, July 16th, 2015, sunset was about 8:04pm and moonset at about 8:27pm at Palos Verdes Estates, California, USA - a city located on the West Coast of Southern California. I looked for the crescent moon between these times from a point overlooking the ocean where atmospheric conditions were clear but was unable to see it.
- Not Seen: Hilal Sighting Committee of North America reported: Due to no positive naked-eye Hilal sightings on (29th Ramadan 1436H - July 16th 2015G) in Mainland USA, HSCNA announces completion of 30 days of Ramadan 1436H, and start of Shawwal 1436H from Saturday July 18th, 2015G in North America.
- Not Seen: The Moon-Sighting Committee of the Council of Shia Muslim Scholars of North America announces that Saturday, July 18, 2015 will be the first day of the month of Shawwal, 1436, for the entire region of North America. This is based on no reports of verified sightings of the crescent moon at sunset on Thursday, July 16, 2015, in any region in North America. Thus, Friday is considered the last day of Ramadan.
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Ayub Mahomed from Harare reported:
Moon not sighted in Zimbabwe on Thursday, July 16. Eid UL fitr will be on Saturday 18 July inshallah.
July 17, 2015 (Friday):
- Seen: MCW member Mr Abbas Aly from Annangrove NSW reported:
On July 17, Moon was sighted at 5.26 pm very faint. Many witnesses across Sydney. Had clear view across the horizon at Old Northern Road.
- Seen: MCW member Mr Abul Qasim Rizvi, Imam Panjtan Society of Victoria reported: Moon has sighted in Sydney and Brisbane.
In Sydney at two different places group people has sighted and Shahadat has been received from Brisbane also. In melbourne due to rain moon was not sighted but other places it has been sighted .inshallah Saturday 18 July will be Eid in Australia.
- Seen: MCW member Mr Moussa Khalife from Sydney, NSW reported:
Today is Friday 17th July 2015 the moon has been sighted in Sydney for more than 40 minutes by me and my group. So the 1st of Shawwal will be on Saturday 18 July.
- Fiji Islands:
- Seen: Mr Syed Hussain, General Secretary of Fiji Muslim League, from Suva reported: The Fiji Muslim League advises its members that the moon has been sighted on July 17, so Eid is on Saturday, July 18, 2015.
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Yusuf Idara from New Delhi reported:
Today Friday 17 July , 2015 = 29 Ramadan 1436 Hijri, I tried to see the moon at my home 7:30 pm to 8:00 pm but moon was not seen because Horizon was too cloudy heavy rain after salatul asr.
- Seen: MCW member Mr Siddik Nadvi (Nida-e-Haram), from Ahmedabad, Gujrat reported:
Today Friday 17 July , 2015 = 29 Ramadan 1436 Hijri , we tried to see the crescent of Ramdan 1436 Hijri at our Institute JAMIA KANZUL ULOOM at 7.25 pm to 7.50. The crescent was seen.
1st Shawal is on 18 July 2015 all over India
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Mahaboob Basha from Chennai reported:
It is raining in Chennai and therefore, the crescent was not visible. However, reports of sightings have come in from various places of Tamilnadu and the Chief Qazi has declared July 18 to be the 1st. day of Shawwal based on a report from Erode, Tamilnadu.
- New Zealand:
- Seen: MCW member Mr Ahmed Mohammed from Auckland reported:
On Friday, 17 July 2015 in Mount Roskill, Auckland Skies were clear. I and my wife tried sighting around 5:50 pm to 6:00pm. ORIENTATION OF CRESCENT HORNS: like from 4 O'clock to 9 O'clock:
- Seen: MCW member Mr Arief Syamsulaksana from Auckland reported:
Alhamdulillah, by Allah's will I've successfully sighted the crescent of beginning of Syawwal 1436 Hijri on Friday 17 July from 17:00 to 17:55 (GMT +12) at suburb Dannemora in Auckland New Zealand. I first sigthed the crescent at 17:34 (6 minutes after maghrib) with optical aid/telescope and then visible by naked eyes at 17:45. Observation data is as follows:
Sky was clear: Altitude of crescent: at 17:34 approx. 10 deg.; at 17:45 approx. 8 deg.
Arc of the Crescent: 4 to 8 o'clock
Official 1st day of Syawwal announced by FIANZ (Federation of Islamic Association New Zealand) is Saturday 18 July 2015.
- Seen: Dr Wajid Husain from Auckland reported:
The new moon of Shawal has been sighted in New Zealand and the first day of Eidul Fitre will be Saturday 18 July 2015.
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Yousuf Rajput from Rawalpindi/Islamabad reported: On 17th July 2015 at Geographical coordinates: 33°39'10.7" N 73°04'08.8" E, the weather was Rainy full of clouds at horizon in the evening. We are unable to see the crescent of Shawwal due to heavy rain and cloudy. Time of Observation : 07:19 PM to 07:49 (Pakistan Standard Time)
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Captain Tahir Gul Hasan from Lahore reported: I was unable to sight the Shawwal 1436 AH crescent from Lahore despite my best efforts. The weather was partly cloudy overall but the patches in the westerly direction just would not move!
- Sri Lanka:
- Seen: MCW member Mr Suhail Patel from Colombo reported:
The crescent for Shawwal has been sighted at many places in Sri Lanka therefore tomorrow the Saturday 18th July 2015 will be 1st of Shawwal 1436
For July 17, since almost the whole world is in the Green visibility Zone, we have received reports of sighting from many many cities all over the world, we are not posting additional individual reports.
Our staff is busy with their families celebrating Eid today, July 17; and it is not possible to update the web site for July 17 sightings from all over the world.
We received many sighting reports from many cities of the following countries:
- Sri Lanka
1st Day of Eid al-Fitr in Different Countries
Friday, 17 July 2015:
- Australia (Some Follow Saudi criteria)
- Afghanistan (Follow Saudi)
- Albania (Follow Saudi)
- Algeria (Follow Saudi)
- Armenia (Follow Saudi)
- Austria (Follow Saudi)
- Bahrian (Follow Saudi)
- Bangladesh (Some areas follow Saudi)
- Belgium (Follow Saudi)
- Bolivia (Follow Saudi)
- Bosnia and Hercegovina (Follow Turkey)
- Bulgaria (Follow Saudi)
- Burkina Faso (Follow Saudi)
- Canada (Follow Islamic Society of North America)
- Chechnia (Follow Saudi)
- Cosovo (Follow Turkey)
- Croatia (Follow Turkey)
- Denmark (Follow Saudi)
- Egypt (Moon Born before sunset & moon sets at least 5 minutes after sunset)
- Finland (Follow Saudi)
- France (ECFR - European Council for Fatwa and Research - Somewhere on the globe Altitude > 5°, elongation > 8°)
- Georgia (Follow Saudi)
- Germany (ECFR - European Council for Fatwa and Research - Somewhere on the globe Altitude > 5°, elongation > 8°)
- Hungary (Follow Saudi)
- Iceland (Follow Saudi)
- India - Hijri Committee of India, a small minority in India (The day after conjunction is the first day of the month)
- Indonesia ( Official Announcement - Age > 8 hours, altitude > 2°, elongation > 3°)
- Iraq (Follow Saudi)
- Ireland (ECFR - European Council for Fatwa and Research - Somewhere on the globe Altitude > 5°, elongation > 8°)
- Italy (ECFR: European Council for Fatwa & Research: Somewhere on the globe Altitude > 5°, elongation > 8°)
- Japan (Follow Saudi criteria)
- Jordan (Follow Saudi)
- Kazakhstan (Follow Saudi)
- Kuwait (Follow Saudi)
- Kyrgizstan (Follow Saudi)
- Lebanon (Religious Authority, Sayyed Muhammad Hussein Fadlullah) Calculations Ittihadul-Matale'
- Libya (Annonced based on moon above horizon at sunset and Saudi sightings)
- Luxembourg (ECFR - European Council for Fatwa and Research - Somewhere on the globe Altitude > 5°, elongation > 8°)
- Macedonia (Follow Turkey)
- Malaysia (Age > 8 hours, altitude > 2°, elongation > 3°)
- Mauritania (Follow Saudi)
- Montenegro (Follow Turkey)
- Mozambique (Follow Malaysia)
- Netherlands (Follow Turkey)
- Nigeria (Announced)
- Norway (Some follow Saudi)
- Palestine (Follow Saudi)
- Philippines (Follow Saudi)
- Qatar (Follow Saudi)
- Romania (Follow Saudi)
- Russia (Follow Turkey)
- Saudi Arabia (Official Announcement)
- Serbia (Follow Turkey)
- Singapore (Follow Saudi criteria)
- Slovania (Follow Turkey)
- Spain (Union of Islamic Communities of Spain (ucide.org), Islamic Commission of Spain)
- Sudan (Follow Saudi)
- Sweden (Follow Saudi)
- Switzerland (Follow Saudi)
- Syria (Follow Saudi)
- Taiwan (Follow Saudi)
- Tajikistan (Follow Saudi)
- Tatarstan (Follow Saudi)
- Thailand (Announcement)
- Togo (Follow Saudi)
- Turkey (In Turkey Altitude > 5°, elongation > 8°)
- Turkmenistan (Follow Saudi)
- U.A.E. (Follow Saudi)
- UK (Follow Saudi) [Coordination Committee of Major Islamic Centres and Mosques of London]
- USA (FCNA/ISNA - Fiqh Council of North America/Islamic Society of North America) The criteria are Moon must be born before Sunset in Makkah, and moonset after sunset in Makkah.
- Uzbekistan (Follow Saudi)
- Yemen (Follow Saudi)
Saturday, 18 July 2015:
- Argentina (30 day completion)
- Australia (some follow 30 day completion)
- Azerbaijan (Follow Iran)
- Barbados (30 day completion)
- Brunei (30 day completion)
- Canada (Sunnis in Some areas)
- Canada ("Ithna Ashari" Muslims). Both major Ayatollahs: Al-Khoei Office New York and Al-Sistani Follower Toronto Shia Jamaat have collectively agreed.
- Chile (30 day completion)
- Dagestan (30 day completion)
- Fiji Islands (30 day completion)
- Ghana (30 day completion)
- Guyana (30 day completion)
- India (Local Sighting)
- Iran (Local Sighting)
- Kenya (30 day completion)
- Madagascer (30 day completion)
- Malawi (30 day completion)
- Mauritius (30 day completion)
- Morocco (30 day completion)
- Namibia (30 day completion)
- New Zealand (Local Sighting)
- Oman (30 day completion)
- Pakistan (Local Sighting)
- Senegal (30 day completion)
- South Africa (30 day completion)
- South Korea (30 day completion)
- Spain (Some follow 30 day completion)
- Sri Lanka (Local Sighting)
- Tanzania (30 day completion)
- Trinidad & Tobago (30 day completion)
- UK (30 days completion) [Wifaaqul ulama), (Ahle Sunnat Wal Jamaat], OR (Sighting from countries east of UK)]
- USA (Hilal Sighting Committee of North America - 30 days completion)
- Zimbabwe (Local Sighting)
Back to Top