Al urjoonul qadeem of Dhul-qi'dah 1439: August 11, 2018
There is a solar eclipse on August 11, 2018 during 8:00 UT to 11:00 UT.
An Eclipse Never Comes Alone!
A solar eclipse always occurs about two weeks before or after a lunar eclipse.
Usually, there are two eclipses in a row, but other times, there are three during the same eclipse season. This is the third eclipse this season.
First eclipse this season: July 13, 2018 — Partial Solar Eclipse
Second eclipse this season: July 27, 2018 — Total Lunar Eclipse
Click to see details
New Crescent Moon of Dhul-Hijja 1439:
The Astronomical New Moon (conjunction) is on August 11, 2018 (Saturday) at 9:58 UT. This is when solar eclipse occurs. On August 11, the moon cannot be seen in most of the world, except possibly with difficulty in Polynasian Islands. On August 11, by telescope it may be seen in Americas but based on past experience it is unlikely. On August 12, 2018 (Sunday), this moon can be seen in almost the whole world (See visibility curves).
The earliest reported sighting of the new crescent was on ......... from ...................
August 11, 2018 (Saturday):
August 12, 2018 (Sunday):
Eid al-Adha in Different Countries will be added here when information is available
Countries that follow Saudi Arabia
Countries that follow Turkey
- Saudi Arabia
- Burkina Faso
- Iraq (Sunnis Follow Saudi)
Countries that have their own criteria
- Turkey (European Council for Fatwa & Research) Altitude >5°, elongation>8° anywhere
- Bosnia and Hercegovina
- France (CFCM - French Council of Muslims)
- USA & Canada - Fiqh Council of North America (FCNA) /Islamic Society of North America (ISNA).
Countries that follow Local Sighting
- Canada (Toronto Hilal Committee)
- China (Following MeccaCalendar.org)
- Egypt - Moon Born before sunset & moonset 5 minutes after sunset
- France (UOIF - Union of the Islamic Organizations of France)
- India - Hijri Committee of India
- Indonesia (Official Announcement)
- Libya (Official Announcement)
- Malaysia (Official Announcement)
- New Zealand (Local Sighting or follow Australia)
- Nigeria (Official Announcement)
- Norway (Islamic Council of Norway - follow annoncement from any Muslim country
- Oman (Official Announcement)
- Poland (Calculation)
2LI>Spain (Union of Islamic Communities of Spain (ucide.org), Islamic Commission of Spain)
- Thailand (Announcement)
- Tunisia (Criteria of age, or sunset-moonset lag)
- UK [Coordinated by Major Islamic Centres and Mosques of London]
- UK [Wifaaqul ulama), (Ahle Sunnat Wal Jamaat], OR (Sighting from countries east of UK)
- USA (Fiqh Council of North America/Islamic Society of North America)
- USA [Shi'aas Houston Hilal Committee, Chicago Hilal Committee]
- Bangladesh (One group)
- Colombia (Follow Chile sighting)
- Fiji Islands
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- Trinidad & Tobago
Back to Top